Friday 21 September 2018

Calendar Art WK9 T3

Calendar Art
This week we have been working on our Calendar art. What are we doing? Were doing Tapa Designs all the way from the [=p./[p Cook Islands. We had a few practices and the we started. After we finish drawing on our calendar art cards we go over them with Indian ink (Which is runny and drys really fast) Once its done we stain them with coffee or tea!
Have you ever done Tapa? Comment your answer.
Here's mine so far. Do you like it?   

5 comments:

1. Hi Rikki, It's Caitlyn here from T3. Wow, I like your Tapa Design. Looks very creative, this is my first time doing Tapa. As we are doing it in class, for calendar art. Your Tapa design looks so cool! Have a great day, From Caitlyn T3.

ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Rikki - Lee, Its Katelynn here from Totara 2.

Your calendar art looks amazing, how long did take you to make your calendar art I love the designs you use! Why did you use these designs!

Awesome Work Rikki - Lee!

Katelynn,

ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Rikki, I really like your post on your calender art it looks really cool. I like the way you have done black around the flowers instead of in them.
    Good work!
    Noho Ora Mai, From Honor

ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rikki, How are you? I really like your calendar art! It's so cool that you used Indian ink for this art! It's also cool that you stained it with tea! Did you use Tea or Coffee?

From Martin.

ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rikki-Lee,

We love the way you have explained how to create Tapa art and added in a photo so we have a visual.

We are a bit confused about the random symbols in the middle of your explanation could you explain them to us?

Thanks for sharing your learning. Tino Pai!

From Pohutukawa 1

ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.