Tuesday 18 December 2018

SLJ (Week 1, Day 1 Act.1) The Legend of New Zealand

The Legend of.... New Zealand!
For the first activity we have to find our own top 3 
fact about our country NZ But.... We have to write
them in our own words. Here's my finished facts!

1. Us New Zealanders are called Kiwi's! (Not as in the Kiwi Fruit) It's actually our native flightless bird the one and only Kiwi. 
2. In New Zealand we have a little west coast which has one of the worst bars (Were the boats come in) in NZ it is known for its famous ship wrecks in little old Grey Mouth here a look. (It's actually a known fact well by Grey Mouth at least I had to put a local one on there)



3. Last but not least Pavlova the war against us Kiwi's and the Aussies but from a quick google search I was informed that the Pavlova was indeed created by us! Go NZ! (Sorry Australia)  

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Rikki-lee!

    These are amazing facts about Greymouth, why did you choose these facts? I like how you have included photos it looks amazing! Keep up the great work Rikki!

    He whetu koe! (Your a star!)

    Katelynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rikki!!!

    GO NEW ZEALAND, pavs are certainly a New Zealand tradition! I would be kind of weird if we where named after a fruit wouldn't it?? I had no idea that greymouth was filled with lots of ship recks I knew of one or two but not heaps, I guess I should look out-side my window!!

    Keep up the good work!!

    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Rikki- Lee

    What an incredible first post! It's great to see you using images to illustrate your blog posts. Every time that we use an image on our blog, it's really important that we tell our readers where we found it, and give credit to the owner of the picture. To properly credit a picture you will need to include a link to the site where you found the image. We have created a guide that you might find helpful. You can check it out here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1VKjkMGwBrk2YI6Vtmg91OAQljr_T3ZSV6YZtu6MWFNM/edit


    Keep up the good work. I hope that you continue blogging with us this summer, and I look forward to reading more of your posts over the next few weeks.
    Hasiba :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.