Monday 7 January 2019

SLJ (Week 2, Day 2 Activties)

Weaving a Tall Tale…
On your blog, tell us whether or not you would like to try flax weaving. Does it interest you? Why or why not?
I would love to try flax weaving it does interest me I think its a good skill to learn! I would be hard but I could definitely get used to it I would love to try! I have been given a bracelet weaved by one of my friends. As a gift. Would you try flax weaving? I know I would
I found this photo on google!
Mighty Mangroves
On your blog, tell us about this person. Who are they? Why are they, in your opinion, so strong and tough?
Someone I know who is strong and tough is my cousin Vanessa! She has been through so much but always has a smile on here face shes incredible after being hit by car when shes was 4 she is the strongest kid if have ever met!
Stranger than Fiction
On your blog, list three similarities and three differences between the two plants that you chose. To earn five extra bonus points, post a picture of both plants on your blog..
The two plants I choose that I found Strange were the Baseball Plant and the White BaneBerry!
Similarities
1. They are both Toxic. The berries on the BaneBerry. The Whole plant on the Baseball Plant.
2. They Both have special names for them!
Differences
1. The Baseball plant is found South Africa and the BaneBerry is found in North America.
2. The BaneBerry is found on a red stem and the BaseBall plant is found in the grounds
3.The baseball plant is very rare!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rikki-Lee!

    It’s great to see you are attempting to credit your photos! Well done.
    I personally would love to give flax weaving a go! I would love to make interesting things like hats, baskets and bracelets.

    Oh my goodness! Thank you for sharing the story of your cousin Vanessa! What a beautiful soul! I admire that you respond to strength both mentally and physically. In this case your cousin Vanessa is both physically strong and mentally! Well done!

    Thanks for sharing such an awesome ideas on these plants. I have never heard of the Baseball Plant and the White Baneberry! Well done on attempting this activity! For full points you had to post photos of both plants. That’s fine though!


    Keep up the great work!
    He Whetu Koe! (You’re a star!)
    Hasiba

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.