Sunday 6 January 2019

SLJ (Week 1, Day 5 Activities)

Towering Timbers 
On your blog tell us whether you think logging should be allowed in New Zealand. Be sure to provide at least two reasons to support your argument.
Why I think logging shouldn't logging be allowed
1. Logging is leaving less forest during winter for our animals to life in.
2. Its endangering our native animals like Kiwi's and its killing animals and ruining homes . That's why I don't thing it should not be allowed.
Living on the Edge


On your blog, write a letter to your best friend or a family member telling them about your trip to the tundra. To earn full points your letter must have a greeting (eg. Dear…) followed by 5 – 6 sentences of information about what your experience.
Here's mine!
Dear, Mum
Tundra has been great so far its been weird not seeing any tree's and bush but it's a cool experience. The weather changes so much its incredible I really like it here its different to home very different! One second its hot the next minute its cold again. I wish you were here. I'll see you once I'm back
From, Rikki <3
Going going... gone
On your blog, post a description of life in New Zealand in 2018. Please remember that the people who read your post will have never been to New Zealand or even seen a picture so it is your job to ‘paint a picture’ of New Zealand using your words. You can also post pictures, if you wish. Be sure to fully attribute the pictures.
Life in New Zealand 
2018 New Zealand were do I start? 
This year has been great I'm gonna talk about The place I went incredible Mistletoe bay The place was amazing the mud flaps with crabs hiding after rocks we would pick them up and play the fish we would catch and let go the beautiful sea we would swim in the amazing turquoise color it would show on the day it was the most beautiful blue ever. The tracks with the birds singing there soft sounds like soft music on a hot day the green trees and stingrays gliding through the water! Would you love to go there?  
Image result for mistletoe bay

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rikki-Lee

    It is great that you have an opinion on logging. It is always good to be able to express what you think about something. Your opinion should always be heard.
    I think that logging of planted trees for just that purpose should be able to happen. I don't think they should log native trees unless they have fallen over in the weather.
    We have a housing crisis in New Zealand and we need wood to build houses and it creates jobs for so many people and families.
    I is great that you have written your letter to your Mum. Thanks for setting it out just like a letter, that is great.
    I would be really cold in the Tundra. I really don't like the cold so I don't think it is somewhere that I would like to go. How about you? Would you like to visit here?
    I would like to know how the animals get on there and how they adapt to the cold!
    This is a great photo of Mistletoe Bay it looks so stunning and beautiful. This is a great way to showcase one of the beautiful parts of New Zealand. It truly is stunning. This must have been the best camp to go on.
    Imagine how noisy the cicadas would be up there at this time of the year! The water looks so good in this picture. I bet the swimming was good too?

    Well done Rikki I really enjoyed reading this days activities that you have created. You are doing a fantastic job.
    I hope that you are having a great holiday so far. It is going really fast and you will be back at school before you know it.
    Keep it up!

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.