Saturday 22 December 2018

SLJ (Week 1, Day 3 Act.2) The Secretive Skink

The Secretive Skink
n your blog list three pros (good things)
and three cons (bad things)
about working as a DOC ranger. At the bottom of your post, tell us whether you would like to be a
DOC Ranger or not.

I found this photo on D.O.C website
Bad Things!
1.That they distribute 1080. So people don't really like them.
2.I couldn't handle being away from family working for to long I'd miss them.
3. With my horrible navigation skills I would easily get lost! 

Good Things!
1. I would love to see Wildlife I never knew we had in New Zealand
2. It would awesome to work with and saving special animals
(I love animals) 
3. Listening to sounds of birds and exploring new places (Without getting lost)  :)
Would you like to be D.O.C Ranger?

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Rikki-Lee,

    My name is Rachel and I am working on the Summer Learning Journey blogging programme this year. It is wonderful to see that you are blogging with us again this summer. Welcome back!

    I have enjoyed reading your posts and, in this case, learning more about the good and not so good things about being a DOC ranger. Like you, I love animals but can see that the job might not be ideal for you as you would miss your family and might even get a little bit lost in the bush (Yikes - that is not good!)

    One of my friends, Mel, actually worked as a DOC ranger for years in New Zealand and she loved it but she is very private and didn't mind the quiet solitude. I, on the other hand, would have really struggled to be away from my family for months on end and to have to spend most of my time on my own. I think that I would go a little bit stir-crazy. What about you? Are you a quiet, private person or more of an outgoing and social person?

    I hope that you have time to write back. I also hope that you will continue with the SLJ in 2019. The programme is open every day until Friday 25 January 2019.

    Hope to see you back online when you have time!

    Bye for now,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.