Thursday 18 January 2018

Week 3 (Snail Mail) Bonus Activity

Snail mail
For this activity, imagine that you are living in New Zealand in the 1950s. Use Google Draw* to design the front of a postcard that you could send to a friend. Try to include elements of Kiwiana in your design (e.g. Pohutukawa trees, Hokey Pokey ice cream, etc). Post a copy of your postcard picture to your blog. Be sure to describe what you have drawn on your blog beneath the picture.
In Nz we have hot summers and we like to got down to the beach and play cricket. One of our native birds is the kiwi we also have native trees Pohutukawa trees these are the Kiwiana Elements.

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Rikki-Lee,

    You've done a great job of creating this postcard! I can see you have thought about different Kiwiana elements and how you can use them in your own postcard. It looks great. I like how it looks very much like summer because in New Zealand, we have our Christmas in summer time.

    In your description of your postcard you can imagine that someone from France has come to New Zealand and wants to send your postcard to their family back in France. They probably wouldn't know what most things were on your postcard and might wonder why there is a tree on your postcard! Some questions you could ask yourself when writing your description are:

    - What are the Kiwiana elements?
    - Why have I chosen them?
    - Why are they important to New Zealand?
    - Why did I choose to make the postcard bright like summer?

    I hope this helps! I can't wait to give you full points once you have added a bit more to your description!

    Keep up the great blogging, Rikki-Lee!

    Noho ora mai,

    Emiely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Rikki,

    Thanks for adding in the description of your postcard! I've adjusted the points to make sure you have gained fulled points for this activity. :)

    Super work! Keep up the great blogging!

    Noho ora mai,

    Emiely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emiely.
      I read through every comment carefully do see what I can change and adjust to made all my post better than ever. This has to be one of my fav activities I could let my, creativity run wild.
      See ya-Rikki

      Delete
    2. Kia ora Rikki,

      You are just awesome! I'm glad you enjoyed this activity! You've done a great job of it. :)

      Noho ora mai,

      Emiely :)

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.