Saturday 20 January 2018

Week 3 (Hiking Tongariro) Activity 4

Hiking Tongariro
On your blog tell us what you would need to pack if you were going to hike the Tongariro Crossing. What should you bring with you? Write a list of at least 5 items.
1.Plenty of rations of food to last you and about 6 extras in a worst case scenario Water as well got to stay Hydrated.

2.Warm cloths make sure there plenty.

3. Take a first aid kit each so just in case anyone gets hurt you never know.

4.Rope just in case someone could fall.
Safety Equipment just in case anything
does happen. Making sure everyone is safe.


5.Boots and jackets.

6. A weather radio to make sure the weather doesn't change to make sure your safe hiking don't want slips.Torches to.

7. A good camping or hiking bag to keep everything safe with a tent and sleeping bag.






4 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Rikki,

    It's Jacob here. I like the way you have set this post out. Your ration pack looks really big! How hard do you think it would be to carry all of those supplies? I think it would be a bit hard.

    Have you ever gone on a big hike if not then would you like to? I think that I would.

    Bye for now Jacob ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Rikki,

    I like the way you have used numbers to make the list of items you would bring. I think all those things are very important! I'm a big eater so I would need to take a lot of food too. Like Jacob has said, it would be tricky carrying all that food, but if you were hiking over a week you would need to take this much or you might be hiking with other people so you need a lot of food to keep you going. Just as Jacob has asked, what is a strategic way to be able to carry it all?

    I also like the way you have used different colours - one for the question and one for your response to the activity. Your pictures also add to make this blog post look interesting. Great work!

    Other than taking the right equipment with you, there are some other things people should do to make sure they stay safe on their hike. I'll add the link to the webpage that gives you more information if you wanted to have a look. I'd be interested to read what you found out if you wanted to share them with me. :)

    Safety in the outdoors link:
    http://www.doc.govt.nz/parks-and-recreation/know-before-you-go/safety-in-the-outdoors/

    Keep up the great blogging!

    Noho ora mai,

    Emiely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emiely!
      The picture of the food was just an idea of the stuff you could bring I do like food but I would't take to much I would over load the Camping bag I was taking! The link you left was handy I'm updating the post now so I get the most of the Journey.
      Thanks - Rikki

      Delete
    2. Kia ora Rikki,

      I just wanted to let you know that I have been so impressed by the way you have used my feedback to add and change your original blog posts. You have improved your posts by using my feedback to add more detail in your blog.

      You really are making the most out of the Summer Learning Journey. I am so proud of you and I hope you are proud of your own efforts to become a better blogger! Truly awesome work, Rikki! :)

      Noho ora mai,

      Emiely :)

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.