Friday 25 January 2019

SLJ (Week 3 Day 4 Activities)

The Southern lights
On your blog, use the word ‘LIGHTS’ to write an acrostic poem about the Southern Lights. Be as creative as you can!
The Seven Sisters
On your blog, write a short summary of the book. What was it about? Try to summarise the story in 6-8 sentences.



Crazy, Cool Clouds
On your blog, tell us what you see in the photo. What shape(s) do you see? Be sure to tell us which picture (1, 2 or 3) you have chosen and describe what you see in lots of detail! I chose cloud No. 1 Isn't in how clouds can come into heaps or cool different form. I defiantly see a Little Bunny Rabbit. By it's cute floppy ears and like arms you can tell what it is what do you think the clouds are?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rikki-Lee,

    I love the way you have presented your poem, the neon font looks really eye-catching! I have never been to see the Northern or Southern Lights but I agree with you and imagine they would be absolutely beautiful and stunning, just as you have described. Have you ever been to another country to see the Northern Lights or even Southern Lights before? I've never seen it myself but my brother went to see the Northern Lights a few years ago and he said it was one of the most amazing things he's ever seen in his life!

    I like that you have added your very own rating of the story, that's very creative! I think I would also give The Seven Stars of Matariki a 4/5. The most interesting part of the story to me was when Mitai's brothers began to lose their looks, something that was so important to them, just because they got distracted by the looks of someone else. It really teaches you a lesson about appreciating what you already have, don't you think? Who's your favourite character and what was the best part of the story for you?

    You have made a great choice, that was my favourite cloud photo! How cute is that little fluffy bunny rabbit?? Do you like looking up in the sky at the clouds sometimes? I really enjoy laying on the grass and staring up at the sky, hunting for clouds with interesting shapes (with sunglasses to protect my eyes, of course). Have you ever seen an oddly shaped cloud before? Two years ago, I saw a cloud shaped like a mouse, the shape was so realistic that I couldn't believe my eyes and I remember that day so clearly!

    Best,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.