Monday 8 January 2018

Week 2 (Crossing, the tasman) Bonus activity

Crossing the tasman
Imagine that you were a member of the flight crew. Write a poem that describes how you would have felt when you landed safely in Christchurch after such a long trip. Remember, there are lots of different types of poems, and they don’t all have to rhyme.
Flying high over the midwest sky
Waiting as a new journey awaits seeing
Christchurch coming into view the lights shine bright
Landing on the ground from a long trip hooray hope is on the way. Safely landing on the ground oh how I’m
Overwhelmed safety and last this was
Over way to fast. Such a long trip
That I wish I could
of quit.
Thats my poem I hope you like it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rikki-Lee

    Well done writing your poem about your journey across the Tasman Sea. It would have been a very long journey all those years ago. I think it would have been a bit scary too especially if you struck bad weather.
    I really like that you have said "hope is on the way"
    It makes it sound like it is a new beginning for you and everyone else on the plane.
    Things are quite different travelling on a plane to and from Australia these days! Sometimes you wouldn't even know that you are on a plane. You just hop on board and take you seat, then you enjoy a meal and then sit back and watch a movie. Pretty easy really! Don't you think?
    Have you been on a plane to Australia? If so where did you go?

    I really enjoyed reading this activity, keep up the good work.

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Rikki,

    It's Jacob here great job on your poem I think it is very nice. Have you ever written a poem before? I have. What made you choose this stile of poem?

    I choose a acrostic poem because I love them.

    Bye for now ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.