Monday 7 January 2019

SLJ (Week 2, Day 1 Activities)

Surfs, Up
On your blog, post a picture of yourself doing one of your favourite summer activities. Below the picture tell us what the activity is and tell us why it is one of your favourites.
Image result for fox river nzI don't have a photo but one of my favourite summer activities is going swimming with my whanau at fox river and many other place! At the moment its hard to go swimming because of my broken foot but I hope to go swimming again once it's healed! What's your favourite Summer Activity?
The Great Taupo Cycle Challenge
On your blog, list the three people you would like to have on your Lake Taupo Cycle Race Support Crew. Tell us why you have chosen each person.
Well these people are quite special I would choose
1. My Mum because she is always very supportive and pushes me to do my best and keep going no matter what!
2. My Little Brother Vadim. Because I want him to look up to me and I want to show him you can do anything if you put your mind to it!
3. My BFF Katelynn because no matter what she will always be there beside me to support and help me!
Thats why I would choose my mum, brother and my BFF!
Who would you choose???
Something Smells Fishy…
On your blog, write out each fact and in CAPITAL LETTERS beside the fact, write the word ‘TRUE’ if it is a true fact or ‘FALSE’ if it is not true.True or False?
Fish Fact #1: The oldest known fish in the world is a 65 year old Australian lungfish. I think TRUE
Fish Fact #2: Sharks are the only fish that have eyelids. I'm not sure but I think TRUE
Fish Fact #3: Starfish are a type of fish. FALSE
Fish Fact #4: Fish communicate with each other by making low-pitched sounds (moans, hisses, etc) TRUE
Fish Fact #5: Fish usually swim together in groups called ‘classes. Very TRUE

4 comments:

  1. Hay Rikki, It's Katelynn here! I like the way you have set out your blog post. I also like to go swimming in rivers and the sea and also boogie boarding at the beach. I like the people you have chosen to be in your cycling team, I reckon we would be a great team! These facts about fishes are really interesting, don't you think. I like how you have put if you think it is true or false next to it. I also like how you have use different colours to present your work, maybe next time you could present it in a different way! Keep up your great work Rikki!

    Katelynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rikki-Lee,

    I'm Evelyn and I am working with the Summer Learning Journey team for 2018-2019 to read and follow amazing blog posts like yours! I am so excited to read what pops into that wonderful brain of yours and hope you are having fun on this journey!

    That's a wonderful activity to do in the summer, it cools you off in the heat too! I've never been to Fox River before but I've just looked at some pictures of the place and it looks stunning! It's definitely going on my To-Visit list now and it's all thanks to you! Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about your foot, I hope it heals quickly so that you can get back into having fun under the sun! My favourite summer activity would probably be kayaking since we have our own little kayak boat at home that we can take to the beach anytime we want, thanks for asking!

    You have picked a fantastic team to be your support crew, I think the Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge would go really well for you! It would be lovely to have your Mum riding by your side and it's an added bonus that she can support everyone and make sure the team keeps their head up. I love the reason you have chosen your little brother Vadim to be on your team, I'm sure you would make a brilliant role model for him! I think Katelynn would be very happy to know that you have picked her to be in your support crew. She picked you to be a member of hers too!

    You've done a great job with the fish facts! You're right for the first fact, the oldest aquarium fish in the world was indeed an Australian lungfish. His name was Granddad (I can tell why) and he actually lived until the old age of 95! You're very close on the last fact, when fish swim together at the same speed in the same direction, we call it a school, how funny is that? Imagine everyone at school were all fish people, that would be very weird!

    Happy blogging,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. สล็อต PGSLOTแตกง่าย เล่นง่ายได้เงินจริงผู้ให้บริการเกมสล็อต pg slot ออนไลน์บนโทรศัพท์เคลื่อนที่ที่มีเกมนานาประการให้เลือก เป็นเกมรูปแบบใหม่ที่ทำเงินให้ผู้เล่นได้เงินจริง 

    ReplyDelete
  4. โปรโมชั่น pg slot มากมาย เล่นง่ายจ่ายจริง แตกจริง ต้อง PG-สล็อต เท่านั้น! เล่นสล็อต พีจีสล็อต เว็บไซต์ตรงผู้ให้บริการเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ชั้นหนึ่ง ทกลอง เล่น ฟรี พร้อมโบนัส

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.