Friday 19 January 2018

Week 3 (A Bilingual Schooling System) Bonus Activity

A Bilingual Schooling System
Think about your school. What is one thing that you would like change. Would you like to learn about different things? Maybe you think school should only be open 3 days a week?
On your blog, write a letter to your principal to try and convince him/her to make the change. Ensure that your letter is polite and respectful.Here my letter↓
Dear Mrs O'Sullivan

There is something I would like to have at school, well something to learn for Vadim and I. What I would like  is  Sign Language classes please since my brother Oakley is deaf so we could learn and share with other kids and my family. Please it would help so much and with other kids that have deaf family member’s. Thank you.

Yours Sincerely,
Rikki-Lee



3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Rikki,

    This is a beautiful request. I think having Sign Language classes would be so beneficial for the deaf community and a great skill for everyone to be able to learn. You're certainly right in saying that other kids and people linked to the deaf community would be able to learn a lot from this experience. I'd want to take the classes too!

    It is very kind of you to think of Oakley in your request. You sound like a very amazing sister and he sounds like a very lucky brother. How old is Oakley and what are some fun things you and Oakley like to do together?

    Keep up the great blogging!

    Noho ora mai,

    Emiely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emiely!
    I though Sign Language would be helpful for my family and I and other families at school. Oakley is only a baby 2 months old but Mum says I have the magic touch because he does cry a lot! He's so cute.
    Enjoy the holidays See ya - Rikki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Rikki,

      I hope that Sign Language does get taught in schools! I really think that this is such a great request. Maybe when your back at school you could write this out again, add a bit more detail and give it to Mrs O'Sullivan as a letter! I'm sure she would enjoy reading about your awesome idea! :)

      Oakley sounds like a very sweet boy. What a great addition to your family, Rikki. Do you have any other siblings?

      Thanks I have been! What have you been doing these holidays?

      Noho ora mai,

      Emiely :)

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.