Thursday 4 January 2018

Week 1 (Translating Phrases)

Translating Phrases
Use Google Translate to translate the following five phrases from English to Te Reo Māori or from Te Reo Māori to English. Post the translations on your blog.

1.Nau mai ki Aotearoa.
Translation: Welcome to New Zealand

Image result for rugby ball clipart2. Rikki-Lee is my name
Image result for new zealand clipartTranslation: Ko Rikki-Lee toku ingoa

3. What is your name?
Translation: He aha to ingoa?

4.He pai taku ki te takaro i te whutupaoro. 
Translation I like to play Rugby. 

5.Where do you come from? 
Translation:No hea koe?

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Rikki-Lee,

    Your translations look spot on! I like that you have even added some pictures to this blog post to make it look more interesting. Did you enjoy using Google Translate? Sometimes when I am trying to message my friends who live in Thailand, I use Google Translate to translate English to Thai so they can understand what I'm saying.

    I wonder if you could translate those phrases into another language?

    I just tried to translate "what is your name" into French! It says "comment vous appelez-vous".

    If you try translating the phrases into a different language let me know what it says!

    Keep up the great blogging!.

    Noho ora mai,

    Emiely :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.