Thursday 4 January 2018

Week 1 Bonus activity (Musical Festivals – Matatini)

Musical Festivals – Matatini
For this activity we had to listen to 3 Maori performances and rank them 1 - 3 and add reasons why we ranked the this
(I will leave the links for the song If your curious(well if I remember : ) 

I love the singing there all singing in time and the Poi is perfectly in time with one another and the men aren't over taking the woman's sing Ka pai!

My 2nd:Te Puku o Te Ika 

Every one in this song has a beautiful 
voice and it's a very heart warming song and 
the end is very nice and the tune is amazing  
I love this song




My last in 3rd:Te Iti Kahurangi  
I really enjoyed this song the Woman in the front 
has a beautiful voice so does everyone else but sometime and around the end they kind of sing over top of here which put this song in 3nd. 


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Rikki-Lee,

    I like the way you have found something positive about each of the performances. I'm sure if the performers from any of the groups read your blog post, they would feel very flattered. I also like how you have embedded the links to each performance. You didn't forget! Well done.

    I also really enjoyed watching Tamatea Arikinui perform. You are right about the timing of their poi's and their voices working together harmoniously. I bet they had to do a lot of practice to be able to perform so well.

    Have you ever practiced a lot for anything before? What was it for and what did you do to prepare for your big day?

    Keep up the great blogging!

    Noho ora mai,

    Emiely :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.