Tuesday 19 December 2017

Week 1 Waka Ama (Bonus Activity)

Waka Ama Race 
For this bonus activity we have to explain why or why we want to be in a waka am race here is what I think! 

I don't think I would be good in Waka Ama race because you need to have fast reflexes to change from side to side during the race and you have to be strong to help push the Waka forward with the team.   

You have to have enough power and energy to go the length and keep going through out the race and keep pushing yourself even when your tired! 
Image result for Waka ama





1 comment:

  1. Hi Rikki-Lee,

    You have done some good thinking about this I can see. You would need to be very strong to compete in one of these races, I think you're right! It would be very tricky to have enough stamina for the whole race if you weren't strong enough. Would you have a go in a waka if you weren't racing?

    Are there any other sports that you would prefer to do? I don't play any sports in teams but I enjoy playing cricket with my family in summer.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.