Monday 18 December 2017

Week 1 Post Maui and the giant fish (Activity 1)

Maui and the giant fish 
This is my first post for the summer learning journey I'm super excited to share with you the facts that I learned in 
Maui's story.

1.My first fact is that for the fishing line Maui had to weave flax to create a line to catch the giant fish.

2.That Maui use a jaw bone to use a hook 
to hook the fish on to the Waka!

3. That Maui's Waka is the South Island and Maui's giant fish is the 
North Island! 

Extra: He has the same name 
as Maui in Moana.Image result for Maui moana

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rikki-Lee

    Welcome to the Summer Learning Journey!
    You have done a great job with your first post. I love that you have added some extra pictures to illustrate what you mean.
    We have lots of myths and legends in Nga Manawa with lots of different stories all about Maui. Have you read any of them?
    I really enjoyed watching the movie Moana! What did you think of it?

    Make sure you remember to go and check out some other students blogs. I saw that you comment on Angelina's blog which is great. Well done!

    Look forward to reading your posts over the summer. Good job Rikki-Lee.

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Mrs Costello!
      I'll keep it up all week 1 tasks are in a draft!!!

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Rikki
    It's me Angelina I really like how you added in photo's and that you ponited out the Maui from Moana is the same as the one is the story

    P.s thanks for commenting on my blog

    Bye Rikki

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.